Monday, January 12, 2009

Something to do..

In the past I have looked at losing weight as something on my TO DO list and once I was finished I could scratch it off and move on to the next thing. The problem with that way of thinking was unfortunately a lot of times REAL LIFE got in the way. There are lots of modern day conveniences in our attempt to eat better like the menus at fast food restaurants have a healthier option. But I am can almost guarantee that if I am in the drive thru of the place with the golden arches the last thing I want is something healthy to eat.
The message I am teaching is that losing weight is NOT something to do but a way to live. I don't want to do something for 2 weeks that I can't maintain on some level for the next 20 years. This is MORE about eating and living healthier than it is about losing weight. When I nourish my body with a more moderate and healthier amount of food then it will let go of the reserves of fat. Today I realize that losing weight has less to do with what I am feeding my body and MORE of what I am feeding my spirit. Every day I meditate on the truth that my eating doesn't gage my victory the truth is I have the victory over my eating and so I eat right.
It is written in Romans 6:5-7 Since we have been united with him in his death, we will also be raised to life as he was. We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin.
Be Blessed, Manie

No comments:

Post a Comment