Thursday, January 22, 2009

Instant Gratification

It has been said that for us our natural inclination is to take the path of least resistance. In our world of super modern technology we have decided that it is not GOOD if it is not quick, instant or easy.
Yet the truth is that the easier things have become the less perseverance, endurance and patience we possess.
It is time for us to understand the best way is not always the easy way. The more we give into the demands of instant gratification the STRONGER the habit becomes. We have becomes addicts to easy, quick and instant way. We can't live without our microwaves, cell phones and dsl service.
Particularly when it comes to our losing weight the diet that looks that most appealing are the ones that promise the fastest, quickest and easiest results with the LEAST amount of work and effort. In our minds pain is a sign that is can't be done when it fact pain is our sign that it MUST be done. I think most of us will agree that this weight battle will be one of the hardest things we do in our lives. But the truth is HARD doesn't mean IMPOSSIBLE. God never promised us things would be easy but He did guaranteed us the victory. I made a decision that just because denying my flesh hurts that didn't mean denying my flesh shouldn't and couldn't be done. I use to errorneously think that I could eat NOT eat outside of hunger as long as it didn't hurt. Now I know pain or pain I can deny myself. Let us all make the decision to eat when our bodies say so and not the pain of not eating causes us to cave in.
These are the words of Jesus Christ at the end of Matthew 11:30 (MSG) I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment