Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Are you aware of the options available to you?

This morning I was sitting down eating breakfast and as I was finishing up I and natural inclination was to automatically get up and get the last little bit left on the stove. As I was sitting there drinking my pink lemonade a thought ran through my mind that you are not hungry and you don't HAVE to eat that last little bit of food. What a minute..huh?.. I don't have to eat it? That Holy Ghost inspired thought caused me to think of that all the things I do when it comes to food that I think my mind thinks it HAS to do. The compulsive and habitual actions of overeating has caused my mind to go into a sort of autopilot when it comes to eating. Like for instance, night time eating is another major one for me. I have to tell myself that Law & Order SVU is just as interesting to watch without eating 2 bowls of cereal during each episode. It was like my sinful actions had programmed my mind to think that eating and certain actions go hand in hand. Like reading and driving also.
Part of our freedom in our eating is become conscious of our eating. Gone are days are eating with abandonment. We have to decide that we will eat ONLY until we are satisfied and not stuffed. We have to know that we have the option in God to say NO to excess foods or the wrong kinds of food.
I know that we have never known it for a long time but the word of Romans 6:14 lets us know that we have an option to say NO to sin.
Romans 6:14 (NLT) Sin is no longer your master, for you no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God's grace.
When we confess with out mouths and believe with our hearts on that word long enough that truth will manifest in our appetite. There are times when it doesn't seem like and it really doesn't feel it. Yet the truth is that YOU DO have the option to say NO. Tell yourself despite what I feel and despite the temptation I see in front of me I exercise my God given- God powered option to say NO.
Be Blessed, Manie

No comments:

Post a Comment